Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, their name, email address, and mailing address. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer, and technical information about Users means of connection to our Sites, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
– To improve customer service Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
– To personalize user experience, We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
– To improve our Site, We may use the feedback you provide to improve our products and services. – To run a promotion, contest, survey, or other Site feature. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.
– To send periodic emails, We may use the email address to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information, and data stored on our Site.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third-party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that links to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may constantly be changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites that have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Like millions of other website owners, I use Google Analytics on thepetboy. Google Analytics is a piece of software that grabs data about my visitors (you). It’s something like an advanced server log.
What does Google Analytics record?
-What website you came from to get here.
-How long you stay.
-What kind of computer you’re using. And quite a bit more.
What do I do with your data?
The tracking information allows me to better understand the kind of people who come to my site and what content they’re reading. This allows me to make better decisions about design and writing. Occasionally, I will compile aggregate statistics about the number of visitors this site receives and the browsers being used. No personally identifying data is included in this type of reporting. All of my activity falls within the bounds of the Google Analytics Terms of Service.
To be in line with the FTC blog disclosure policy, I want to let you know that I do occasionally write about great products or services that I am an affiliate of. As an affiliate, I receive a commission for each sale or lead.
- My blog content drives the primary source of my income, and I have the right to promote products/services at my discretion as long as I clearly state above the fold that the blog contains affiliate links.
- In addition to the disclosure statement, I also place an asterisk next to each link that is an affiliate link.
- I focus on promoting products and services that I truly believe will help my readers.
- I will always give my personal opinion of the product or service, and I will never be influenced by the affiliate to use language that I do not truly believe.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
This document was last updated on May 14, 2022